Using Opensend's Dashboard for insight into delivery statistics and performance metrics
You can review the delivery Statistics from Opensend's “Overview tab”. Select the timeline from the top right as needed.
We will always show how many visitor identities (emails) we've provided to you within the selected timeframe. Switching to a month or year timeframe will help you see how this has changed over time. If you see sharp decrease in resolved identities that doesn't correspond to a decline in your overall site traffic, check that the Opensend pixel is still in place on all appropriate pages on your site.
When available, the dashboard will display other metrics pulled from your Email Service Provider (i.e. Klaviyo, Iterable, etc.). Please note that these additional metrics are not tracked by Opensend, we are simply displaying them here for convenience. Your ESP is the system of record, and can be used for more detailed reports. These metrics may include:
- Emails Received - the total number of unique Opensend-identified visitors who received an email in the selected timeframe. If this number is significantly lower than the Resolved Identity metric, you may not be engaging with all the visitors and should review our best practices to ensure the proper email flows are in place.
- Emails Opened - the total number of unique Opensend-identified visitors who have opened an email in the selected timeframe.
- Emails Clicked - the total number of unique Opensend-identified visitors who have clicked an email in the selected timeframe.
- Placed order value - the total value of orders placed by Opensend-identified visitors in the selected timeframe. Please note, your ESP can provide more detailed reporting on the performance of specific email flows (i.e. welcome flow, promotional campaigns, abandonment sequences, etc.), this is strictly a summary. It may include visitors who Opensend identified but purchased before receiving an email flow, so use your ESPs reporting tools for more detailed analysis.
- 30 Day Overall Open Rate - the percentage of Opensend-identified visitors who opened an email in the past 30 days. Each ESP tracks this slightly differently, but most Opensend customers are able to achieve an open rate above 50%, sometimes even 70%+! If your open rates are low, we suggest A/B testing various subject lines and the timing of emails in your sequence.
- 30 Day Overall Click Rate the percentage of Opensend-identified visitors who clicked in an email in the past 30 days (of those who opened one). Most Opensend customers are able to achieve an open rate above 5%, sometimes over 20%! If your click rates are low, we suggest A/B testing content within your emails, and to review our best practices.